Our Land Consultation Services Consist of the Following
Land Source, Real Estate provides pre-purchase and existing ownership land consultation services. This service is provided to buyers for properties not currently listed with Land Source, Real Estate and for current owners who wish to have a comprehensive understanding of their land.
A land purchase is significantly more complex in today’s world than even five years ago. Overlapping regulatory jurisdictions, municipal law and regulation at the Town, County, State and Federal level all contribute to a picture with a caption of “Buyer Beware”. Constraints created by physical features and even questions of prohibitive restrictions on the ability to build must be analyzed.
Do you know the meaning of the following; or understand the possible future impacts?
- Adverse possession
- Electric Disclosure
- Terrain constraints
- Buffer Zones
- Protected habitat
- Road, driveway standards
- Timber, mineral rights
- Disputed boundary
- Flood plain
- Utility access
- Agricultural Disclosure
- Wetlands: NYSDEC and USCOE
- Overlay zones
- Use Road
- Architectural review
- Deed restrictions
- Use restrictions
Can you answer the following questions?
1. What is the most important decision that must be made before a land purchase is considered?
2. Why would two contiguous land parcels of the same size and listed price have significantly different values?
3. If I do not plan to build for several years, what actions should I take now to insure against future complications?
4. If I need a municipal, or regulatory approval will that approval have an expiration date?
5. Is regulated land usable?
6. What are my options if Zoning or other land use changes are proposed?
7. Where do I find resources for future uses of the property?
The purpose of a land consultation is to educate the buyer or owner on the answers to questions they are asking and questions they do not know they should ask, assist on establishing value, identifying negatives as well as future potentials.